George H. Schofield, PhD is a consultant, speaker, futurist and professor, specializing in organizational psychology and personal development.
A former vice president of Bank of America and senior consultant at the multinational consulting firm, Right Management Consultants, his background also includes two influential appointments: as President of the Advisory Council to the Commission on Aging and Adult Services for the City and County of San Francisco, and Past President of the California State Association of Advisory Councils (TACC).
He has been on the board of directors for several nonprofits in California and Florida, and currently serves on the Partner’s Board of WUSF Media, the PBS affiliate in Tampa that provides both television and radio programming for adults and children.
A native of Seattle, George is based in Lakewood Ranch, near both Sarasota and Bradenton, Florida.
His educational credentials include a BA in Business, an MA in Counseling/Rehabilitation, an MA in Adult Learning/Human and Organizational Development, and a PhD in Human and Organizational Development.
George is Founding Principal of The Clarity Group, LLC, a consultancy that helps businesses succeed in the 21st century. He has been an adjunct faculty member in the College of Education and an adjunct faculty appointment for the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee.
George’s articles have appeared in The Huffington Post, Forbes.com, PBS’s Next Avenue, Credit.com and others.
Quotes In Major Publications
George is quoted in major publications including the New York Times, BBC, AARP, Credit.Com, and US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Member, APA American Psychological Association
- Member, SABEW Society of American Business Editors and Writers
- Member and former board member, SPIM Society of Psychologists in Management
- Member, National Life Planning Network
- Member, Association for Psychological Science
- Associate Member, American Board of Vocational Experts (ABVE)
- WUSF Public Media Partners Board (www.wusf.org), PBS affiliate
- Two-term President of the Advisory Council to the Commission on Aging and Adult Services for the City and County of San Francisco
- Past President of the California State Association of Advisory Councils to the local Commissions on Aging and Adult Services (TACC)
- Former Member of the Advisory Council to the University of San Francisco School of Management
- Former Board member and Chairman of the Nominating Committee of the Fort Mason Foundation